My crew is always happy to have any variety of chicken fettuccine Alfredo, and this version is one I randomly threw together that has become my favorite. In addition to it being fast and easy to put together, it’s great for freezing ahead of time or saving leftovers for lunch.
I know your family will love it!
- Chicken Broth (I use a full box if I have one, and then add water to fill the pot the rest of the way.)
- 24 – 32 oz. Spaghetti
- 3 lb Precooked Chicken ( I like frozen, seasoned strips, but canned chicken is also great.)
- 2 jars Alfredo Sauce
- 8 oz. can Sliced Mushrooms (Fresh mushrooms will also work if you have some that need to be used up.)
- 15 oz. can Sweet Peas
- 1 Large Onion, Chopped (or 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder)
- 8 oz. Grated Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Mrs. Dash
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Milk (optional)
- Cook spaghetti in chicken broth.
- While the spaghetti boils, sauté the chopped onion in a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the precooked chicken to the skillet to heat for 5-8 minutes.
- When the pasta is finished, drain the noodles and pour them into a large casserole dish.
- Add the hot chicken and onions to the pasta.
- Then add the sweet peas and mushrooms without draining the cans.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over the top. (I like to add a little milk to the empty jar, shake it up, and then pour out to get all of the sauce from the jar.)
- Stir mixture thoroughly.
- Top with grated cheese, salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400ºF until cheese melts and casserole bubbles around the edges.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
I’d love to hear what you think!
With love and hugs,