Fruit salad. Yummy, yummy!
- The Wiggles ("Wiggle Time" video, 1994)
This fabulous, fluffy fruit salad is a staple at church pot lucks.
For good reason!
When Coach and I married, my mother-in-law included it in a stack of recipes she gave me because they were Philip’s favorites.
Since then Sweetheart Salad has become one of my “always keep the ingredients on hand” recipes because it goes really well with any meal.
When I serve it to a group, I love surveying how many people treat it as a salad with the main meal versus how many people treat it as a dessert with their sweets.
I’m not biased…I add a [large] scoop to both plates!
- 21 oz can Cherry Pie Filling
- 14 oz can Eagle Brand Milk®
- 2, 11 oz cans Mandarin Oranges
- 20 oz can Crushed Pineapple
- 8 oz Cool Whip®
- 1 cup Chopped Nuts (optional…I usually leave these out)
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows (optional…I always put these in)
1. Mix all ingredients, stirring gently.
2. Chill until ready to serve.
Yep, that’s it — Enjoy!!
With love and hugs,
Veggies & Sides
Sweetheart Salad is one of my “always keep the ingredients on hand” recipes because it goes really well with any meal. Served as either a salad or a dessert, this one is a big hit either way!
21 oz can Cherry Pie Filling
14 oz can Eagle Brand Milk®
2, 11 oz cans Mandarin Oranges
20 oz can Crushed Pineapple
8 oz Cool Whip®
1 cup Chopped Nuts (optional)
1 cup Mini Marshmallows (optional)
Mix all ingredients, stirring gently.
Chill until ready to serve.
This salad is perfect as a side dish or as a sweet dessert!